The Selection Process
Honorees inducted into the Deer Park High School Athletic Hall of Honor are selected by the Hall of Honor selection committee based on nominations from current Deer Park ISD faculty members, administrators, or staff, alumni of Deer Park High School, or a member of the selection committee. Information provided by the individuals making the nomination are the basis for the Hall of Honor Selection Committee’s decision. Selections are made at the end of each school year, electing no more than four individuals per year-- with the exception of the inaugural class. Honorees are inducted under one of three categories: Athlete, Coach, or Contributor.
A former DPISD athlete who performed with excellence and distinguished himself/herself in the field of athletics while a student at Deer Park High School. The athlete must be a graduate and out of school for at least 10 years.
A coach whose accomplishments merited statewide recognition or significant contributions to the athletic programs at Deer Park High School. The coach must have at least 15 years coaching experience and be inactive and removed from the coaching staff for 5 years.
An individual who has made outstanding contributions to the interscholastic athletic programs at Deer Park High School other than coaching and playing.
The Hall of Honor Selection Committee consists of: the Superintendent or his designee, the High School Principals, the Athletic Director, one retired coach, a DPISD administrator, the DPISD Director of Communications, one alumni athlete, and a representative of the local media. The Committee meets once a year, every April, to select the Hall of Honor inductees.
- Nominations will be accepted from the following list of individuals: a current faculty member, administrator, or staff member of DPISD; alumni of Deer Park High School; a member of the selection committee.
- The nomination form shall be completed and submitted to the Athletic Office by April 1st for the candidate to be considered for induction the following year.
- Information provided by the individual making the nomination will be the basis for the Hall of Honor Selection Committee’s decision. It is not the role of the Selection Committee to do further research into the nominee’s accomplishments. Please be thorough and complete as possible.
- In addition to the official nomination form, the individual making the nomination should write a letter of recommendation for the nominee. Other letters of support from appropriate individuals who can validate or substantiate information related to high school career or contributions of the nominee are encouraged.
- Clippings or further details can be attached to the nomination form or emailed to [email protected]. Photocopies are encouraged. Any attachments will become the property of the DPHS Hall of Honor and will not be returned.
- All nominations will remain on file for five years. Additional information can be added to the nomination at any time.
For questions, comments, or more information regarding the Deer Park High School Athletic Hall of Honor, contact the Deer Park ISD Athletic Office:
Deer Park Athletic Office
710 W. San Augustine
Deer Park, TX 77536